Sunday, October 26, 2008

In-er-sun

I don't know why I have been blogging so much. I guess I just feel like writing all the time, I don't know.

Church was good today. It was the primary program today, and Kenlie did such a good job. She is so cute, and I love her so much. My mom gave the lesson today in YW, and she also did such a good job. I think her lesson was so important especially to the young women today. She talked about the story of the ugly duckling, and pointed out that he was not the outcast because he was necessarily ugly, but because he was different. Because his feathers were gray instead of yellow, and his neck was a bit longer than the other ducklings. After time had passed he began to grow and develope into a beautiful swan, and was no longer thought of as the "ugly duckling."

Society puts so much pressure on girls these days to be more thin and pretty. Every where you go, there is someone or something telling or showing you how you need to look dress and act. It leaves no room for difference, or accepting of something that is a change from what they think perfect is. It is sad how vain our world has become.

My mom talked about loving yourself. And having self confidence in your own skills, abilities, talents, and personal appearance. She talked about how you can't serve and love other people until you know how to love yourself. I think that concept can also be turned around. People can't fully love, respect and appreciate you, unless you can love and appreciate yourself. Even though my moms class was extremely uncooperative, and unresponsive, I think she did a very good job teaching the lesson. It was an important one for girls of that age to hear. If I could give my little sisters one piece of advice as they grow up, it would be to love themselves for who they know they are and who they want to be, and to never lower or change their standards to please anyone else.

I have the 2 most amazing little sisters on this earth. Rylie is so sensitive to other people's feelings and so fun to be around. She has such a bright personality and she can make you laugh at anytime. I think Rylie has more self confidence than most 14 year old girls I have ever met. She is who she is, and doesn't care much about what other people think about her. She is so willing to help around the house with chores and extra things, and is such a close friend to me, that I feel like I can confide anything in her.

Kenlie is my ray of sunshine. She is one of the biggest examples to me in my life. She is always so positive. I can't express to you what a positive influence she is to me in my life. She cares so much about everyone around her and would do anything to help anyone out. She has so much love inside her and not enough time to give it all out. She is the most unselfish little girl I have ever met with such a strong testimony. I have never met a little girl who is more willing to give and help with such a positive attitude. I think most people in my life could take a lesson from Kenlie on how to love your friends and family. She is such a good example to everyone around her and I love her so much.

I hope that my two little sisters can always remember who they are. It is so hard to grow up and it gets harder everyday.

Amanda leaves tomorrow to go back to Oregon. I am so sad! She is my best friend. She is like my crutch. I feel like me and amanda go through the same things in life at the same time. I am so sad that she is leaving, I feel like my rock is being taken away from me. She is also such a positive influence on me. But she will be back. =]

Last night, Justin came over and I just have to share this picture. Justin thinks a mustache is the in style facial hair trend right now.... (no one dares tell him that it's not.) He just hasn't got it long enough yet to where is significantly pops out and catches your eye. So.... we painted over it with mascara. You would have though it was Christmas morning for the kid. Talk about love for yourself, I don't think he has been that happy with his appearance ever. Ha! Funny boy. So here is the picture of me and Justin, his pervert mustache, and our love child Sophie. (yes, justin loves Soph almost as much as I do.)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love to see what your thinking. Love you megs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that is a stalker mustache if I have ever seen one! Thats so good that he loves sophie! Kaylee needs to start playing with her again so she likes her to

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are the perfect family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have 2 amazing sisters. I didn't realize how important sister are until I got married and moved away. Now I can honestly say they are my best friends. We have soooooo much fun together (you know that) I have friends without sisters and I feel bad for them. Your the best Meg. Keep writing, I've always loved to read your writing. You have such a talent.

    ReplyDelete