Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ode to Happiness



Some say they think it's right for people to be happy. That in fact they should be happy. Well, some do find a reason for happiness from the set of possibilities provided by current reality. Others see a potential happinessfrom the set of possibilities that are not yet provided by reality. The first group is lucky, I guess.Such folk say to the second group, "You are unrealistic." And, "You should be happy." The second group helplessly shrugs.They detest the first group. The second group changes the world. Happiness is so much more meaningful when you know what the world is like without it. How can you feel warm when you have never been cold? How can you feel full when you have never felt hunger? So how can you know what it looks like when the sun rises if you have been living in darkness your whole life?



For a long time i think i meandered through mediocracy. I was ok with the glass not being full or empty. In the middle was just ok for me. And just ok was sufficient. I don't know why it changed. I don't know why I feel different. I don't know why I can look at the sun and even though I know it will rise everymorning, i can appreciate it even still. I am grateful to the people in my life who want to make me a better person. I am grateful for the people who want to see me with my glass half full.

I found this website while I was searching for quotes. I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://help.com/post/199270-i-noticed-everyone-belonging-to-th

I thought that was pretty funny. =]

Anyways. For the first time in a long time. I am happy. =] I don't know why, but I don't really care. =]


"The way will be lighter, the worries will be fewer, the confrontations will be less difficult if we cultivate a spirit of happiness."
Gordon B. Hinckley - Oct. Conf 2002



1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I think you are finally starting to understand your potential. But, you are exactly right. Until you have a reason to try to achieve that potential, or even that you have it, it's really easy to get stuck in the same old rut. I'm so proud of you. ! Love ya,
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete