Wednesday, April 29, 2009

EWWWW.

So I have sort of strayed from my American Idol watching. It's not as fun for me to watch talented singers as it is to watch the completely embarassing ones. BUT, last night Chase and I went over to my parents house for my Dad's birthday and my mom was watching it. There are only about 5 left and I watched them all in order and all of the did a really good job. Danny Gokey is still my favorite and I am not sure if it is because I have sympathy for him or what but I just love him, and he's for sure going to win. After Danny it was the last contestant... a thing named ADAM LAMBERT. I say thing, because that's what he is. First of all he is terrifying to look at. So flamboyant and annoying. Ugh. He sends irritated chills up my spine. And then to make it worse, he starts singing. One of my favorite songs called Feeling Good. The song was originally written by Anthoney Newley and Leslie Bricusse for the 1965 musical called The Roar of the Greasepaint- The Smell of the Crowd. It's a jazzy type song and many very talented artists have re-recorded the song, and most of them kept it in the very jazzy-playful genre. But... the fifteenth Artist to record the track was one of my favorite bands. Their name is Muse. It's a very tech-rock kind of band and they are amazing. They did the song on their 2001 album called The Origin of Symmetry. It was the first time the song had been recorded in a more rock and roll kind of feel and they did fantastic. All in all the song has been recorded a grand total of 45 songs including its original recording. The only one of those time that it was recorded in a rock sense was by Muse, in 2001.
So here trots femmy Adam Lambert on stage to sing Feeling Good, and the arrangement starts out with a very techno piano beat... In the original recording, the song doesn't even start out with piano. In Muse's version, ironically the same exact techno piano is used that Adam Lambert miraculously used for his embarassing and pathetic rendition. THE ENTIRE SONG WAS A COMPLETE COPY CAT OF THE SPIN MUSE PUT ON THE SONG!!!

So I sat there. Fuming mad watching this emo-clown prance about the stage completely slaughtering the song and ripping off Muse's creativity and when he finishes, the judges give him a standing ovation!!! They said that song had never been recorded in a rock and roll feel and called him creative and artistic. I about blew my lid. It still makes me angry to think about and no words I can type on this computer can show you just how livid that thing they call Adam Lambert makes me. I want him to go home. He is repulsive and irritating and such a flaming homo. Take off the make up buddy. Not even I can pull off thick black eye liner surrounding my entire eye, and sorry to tell you, you can not either. grr.

So, turn up your speakers because on my blog I posted the Muse version of the song. They do great, and that thing sucks.

Eww. Just looking at his face makes me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment