Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, the trip to Silver City, New Mexico finally came through. We left on Friday morning, woke up at about 4 to catch our flight at 7. Ick. I hate mornings, that doesn't even qualify as morning, to me that is still night time. We had a layover in Vegas then finally made it to El Paso, Texas to pick up the Rental truck and make the drive to Silver City. Only a slight problem on the way there... the Penske truck got high centered while we were trying to figure out where we were. Apparently flipping a U turn on a 2 lane road in the middle of Deming, New Mexico doesn't get you anything but a hundred dollar bill from the tow truck company. =] Oops. (Chase was alot more calm during that fiasco than I would have guessed he would be, so kudos to him.)Overall I was not impressed at all with New Mexico. It is ugly, mostly flat, and all the way boring. The building that had the offices that were being torn down was completely filled with dead beetles and cockroaches. It was disgusting, everywhere you stepped it was inevitable that you would take out at least a few per step. It was a huge building and there were office stations in every square inch possible. I felt bad for the guys who had to take all of the office stations down, ha. Poor souls. Silver City should change it's name to Hole in the Middle of No where. There are no decent places to eat and nothing to do.Our trip was short by 2 days, which I wasn't sad about. The drive home was terribly boring... the same drab dirt and sage brush over and over again. Just before Luna, Arizona we went through these mountains and stopped at a look out point that was really cool. Other than that, it was LAME!
More than anything I was so happy to see grass when we got home. I didn't see one blade from the time our plane took off, to the time we got back to Utah. It's crazy how finished it makes everything look. Now more than ever I am such a Utah girl and could never permanently live anywhere but here! Over all it was a fun trip, but so glad to be back!

2 comments:

  1. I love your regina specktor that plays. I have her cd too. I sing along while I read.

    ReplyDelete