Monday, November 24, 2008

Selective Hearing

Ever since I was little my Dad has been telling me I have a bad habit of not listening. I don't think I really understood the severity of that problem or even recognized it as a problem until the last few weeks of my life. I have noticed that I can have a full conversation, be responsive and coherant and walk away not having a clue what they said. I can stare right at a person pretending to listen to what they are staying, and nothing will register in my brain. Its not that I don't want to hear or that I am ignoring them, sometimes my brain is just in LALA land. Ha. At first I thought it was funny, but it's actually a problem! So... If I have a conversation with you and ask you the same question 5 minutes later... don't be offended... I just don't pay attention. ha. Don't worry I will work on it. =]

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA I'm laughing histerically right now! I'm the same way and it caused a lot of fights in my marriage! I can't tell you how true that statement is about me! Wow...we must be related!

    ReplyDelete